The NYS STEM Incentive Program provides a full SUNY tuition scholarship to the top 10 percent of students in each NYS high school if they pursue a STEM degree in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program and agree to live in NYS and work in a STEM field in NYS for five years after graduation.
An applicant must:
· be a NYS resident and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the fall college term;
· be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
· be a high school senior/recent high school graduate who will be enrolled full time at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University, beginning in the fall term following his or her high school graduation;
· be ranked in the top 10 percent of his/her high school graduating class at a NYS high school;
· be matriculated in an approved undergraduate program leading to a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics at a SUNY or CUNY college;
· earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher each term after the first semester;
· execute a Service Contract agreeing to reside and work in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics in NYS for five years. View the terms and conditions of the service contract.
Students matriculated in these programs of study may be eligible for a STEM Incentive Program award. The program of study must result in an approved occupation.